If pets bring happiness in life, they also bring sorrow. We all know that animal life is shorter than human beings. Therefore, it is dreadful o see your best companion leave your sight forever. Humans always dream of a healthy life till the end and that is what they feel for their pets, but that is not always true.
Some pets suffer from terminal illnesses and sufferings which cannot be treated. Therefore, instead of leaving them to suffer, vets suggest euthanasia. This may sound quite harsh, but instead of letting them suffer till they reach natural death, it is wise to free them at the right time. The best a pet owner can do is to put their pet down in the comfort of their home.
At-home pet euthanasia is the best way to let your pet sleep at peace. They are in their favorite surroundings, smell and they take their last breath in front of known faces. Various clinics provide at home pet euthanasia Yonkers. This is to ensure that the process provides family members the comfort to grieve in their homes. Kids can stay beside their beloved pet ad seniors who are disabled will also get the chance to pay the last tribute to their pal.
Advantages of at-home Euthanasia
- Allowing your pet to remain in their familiar surroundings reduces the anxiety and fear they may experience while being taken out of their home.
- Your pet could potentially be at a location where quality is restricted or moving them would cause them further discomfort or pain.
- When a mobile veterinarian comes to see you, they’ll take the time to thoroughly explain everything and give you as much time as possible.
- You’re prepared to stay at home to experience an emotional and upsetting incident, without having to drive or disrupt others.
- You might have problems with transportation or mobility (disability), but you don’t have the flexibility to take your pet to a clinic when it’s required.
- Your pet is prepared to spend their final moments surrounded only by people they love and in the comfort of their own home – on the bed, in their favorite chair, or anywhere you choose.
Disadvantages of at Home Euthanasia
- At-home euthanasia can be especially difficult if your pet is severely ill and in the hospital. Removing a pet in distress from the medical cage and returning home is an extremely risky and painful idea.
- When a doctor and assistant arrive for at-home euthanasia, a dog that protects your home from strangers may get anxious. If you don’t catch your scared pet before the bell sounds, it will most likely hide.
- Finally, ask yourself if you’ll walk by your seat every day if your pet’s last memory is of it being euthanized there.
Contact Zen Dog Veterinary Care PLLC if you want to plan at-home euthanasia for your pet. They provide services in New York, Queens, Brooklyn, Long Island, and Westchester. They take care of all before and aftercare processes of euthanasia. This gives the family full time to grieve their loss.